Friday, December 18, 2009

My Boys











It is helpful to remember these guys when they were younger (and slept less).

Although entirely different in character, they did have a very close bond. They wrestled and romped throughout the day when I was away at work. A neighbor, on the first floor of the apartment building in this photo, would complain regularly about the commotion above him. He was, at first, convinced that it was me, but soon accepted the fact that it was actually Walter and Truman galloping and tackling between naps....monkeys.

I miss them terribly.

UPDATE: I was reminded by a friend, that in addition to this raucous tumult, Walter had taught himself to turn on the TV (a pull-out knob that also controlled the volume). Initially this was a mystery (returning home to the blaring TV); something wrong with the set, mischievous intruders,...no, just Walter.

1 comment:

Julie said...

The T.V.--of course, that's what I remember about Walter, too.
Patrick, your lap and your home must feel so empty.
And that is one precious photo of the two.
Hope you are having some fun this
holiday.

Julie


Web Counter