Friday, July 16, 2010

Painting #8 (final)


















Painting #8 of 8           (30" x 31 1/4")

Details:

























My approach is changing as I do these...certainly more thoughtful. Or at least doing more deliberate work alongside the direct and impulsive. I am learning (possibly again) that there are more places I can go as I work...more mindsets. It has been so long since I painted regularly, I honestly don't remember if I was conscious of "wearing different hats" as I painted.

 View preliminary states and comments below the break.


 State #1


















State #2

















State #3

















State #4

















State #5

















State #6

















State #7

















State #8

















Something has shifted for this painting. It is "cooler" than the previous ones. I'm more deliberative about its build-up (not sure if that's good or bad). I'm thinking that, in addition to drawn marks and painted marks defining or obscuring shapes, I might throw in some flat areas of color; either as a field or flat shape. The visual "noise" (canvas texture, broken lines, disappearing shapes) created by the scraping works, but it might be noisier if it played alongside some areas of flat color.

No comments:


Web Counter