Friday, July 02, 2010

Painting #7 (final)


















Painting # 7 of 7              (30" x 31 1/4")


Details:
















This one was interesting to work. Even though it required more effort (revisions and re-thinks), I felt more confident that I could get the thing to go in a better direction when it had crashed.
I was able to approach it in different ways as well...not just with "rough-handed" brushwork, but also, at times, a calmer hand.

View preliminary states and comments below the break.


State #1

















State #2


This one is developing differently from the previous paintings. I haven't really had the time to photograph each successive state. It has moved quickly this week with multiple, short adjustments.

As it builds, it feels different as well, like I'm learning something "new" about how to address its surface and pictorial space. I have a better sense of how it should be layered and worked; so it appears to have a worn and troubled life beneath what will be its finished state.

State #3

















State #4

State #5

















I really liked the state above. Particularly the the reddish jellyfish thing. I liked its spontaneity, its placement, drawn character. I liked it too much...gone.

State #6

















State #7 (heat induced dementia state)

















State #8

















State #9 (different camera)                                                

















State #10


No comments:


Web Counter