Monday, June 06, 2011

Good Grief

Please kill me.
One of the more vocal and combative progressives shoots himself in the foot. Andrew Breitbart can now play victim and dragon slayer simultaneously.
What a fucking mess.

From Hullabaloo:

"But listening to Chris Matthews and Howard Fineman crow and strut about cornering him into admitting his "crime" is far worse. This is the essence of the Village folks. We are about to be treated to endless nauseating lectures about propriety from a bunch of wealthy, decadent, television celebrities who will be rending their garments over the allegedly shocking sexual behavior of politicians as if they are the elders of a small American town circa 1957..."

"I honestly haven't seen a Hardball this turgid and throbbing since some time in 1998. Matthews is positively beaming..."

My take: we need more women in politics—the men are too often moronic ego monkeys.

..................................................................................................................

The media will spend the next week or more NOT talking about the things that truly matter. This thing is like catnip laced with angel dust.

I'm glad I cancelled my cable TV last week.


Updated: The inimitable Matt Taibbi last Friday:
"I don’t want to gloat too much about Weiner. Milligan is right, it’s not like the guy is a serial killer. But as the Monday Night Football crew would say, C’mon, Man! If you want to be a national political figure, run for high office, and also have a family at the same time, you can’t be playing Russian roulette with your wife’s reputation every time you log on to your basement computer.

In other words, when you’re a certain kind of famous, there are a few things you’ve just got to give up in life – like uploading pictures of your dick, for instance, or tweet-herding hot twentysomething women by the hundreds. Is it really that hard to find other hobbies? Why do I feel like this kind of thing isn’t a problem for someone like Bernie Sanders? Politicians never cease to amaze."

2 comments:

Goliath said...

I kinda say, 'screw this'. I liked the guy and I still like the guy. Not for his moronic twittering ....but he was really smart and verbal and on the beam of the issues.

To me this is a big "so what". Yeah yeah...he made a human mistake and lied about it for a couple days. I don't like it...but I can live with it. I haven't got to the point I require sainthood out of my leaders.

Patrick said...

I basically agree.

What is irresponsible, and harder to overlook is that the "scandal" derails his voice and agenda.

In the midst of the Republican's Medicare assault (and comic 2012 pres. primary theater), his indiscretion changes the subject—a gift to both the Republicans and the media.

It's dumb politics.


Web Counter